MANAGE EFFECTIVE MEETINGS
The effectiveness of business meetings can be blunted by irrelevancy, territorial disputes, and even personal animosities – all because there is no coherent thinking behind their assembly and supervision.
Yet, managed properly, the routine meeting can be a hugely dynamic and efficient platform for setting corporate objectives, agreeing strategies, reviewing progress on key projects, and prioritising the allocation of resources.
Managing Effective Meetings takes a fresh and innovative approach to an age-old issue.
It instructs management on how to structure workplace meetings so as to maintain focus, avoid wasteful conflict, and deliver concrete, measurable results, ensuring that effective meetings are achieved every time.
This highly practical one-day course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to enhance your reputation in a professional environment to manage and deliver effective meetings and results in today’s competitive business environment.
Techniques and templates will be explored and practiced to enable you to achieve successful outcomes from your professional meetings with authenticity.
On completion of this course you will:
- Learn the six secrets of conducting effective and productive meetings
- Learn the critical components necessary in order to conduct effective meetings
- Understand group dynamics and the impact of group think
- Understand the importance of communication when conducting or participating in a meeting
- Understand the importance of action planning
- Learn how to achieve win/win outcomes in meeting forums
- Learn how to deal with awkward attendees
- Learn useful strategies to ensure effective action planning
Understand the importance of active listening and questioning techniques
Who should attend?
- Management who wish to optimise their management skills when conducting effective meetings
- People managers who place a value on their time and want to achieve good will and motivation from all people who participate at meetings
- Managers and facilitators who need to achieve desired outcomes at business meetings first time
- Managers who want to effectively communicate business strategy first time
people who chose this course also viewed
This course was really important in addressing the organisation, communication and behaviours that are required for effective meetings.Anonymous
I think this course was really important in addressing the organisation, communication and behaviours that are required for effective meetings. I believe this course will encourage change in our organisation. Anonymous
Challenged! The course was made very relevant to our day to day work. I thought it was going to be just another training course, but it was absolutely effective.Anonymous
Good clear communication of tools and skills and the course was made very relevant to our day to day work- Challenged! I thought it was going to be just another training course, but it was absolutely effective. Anonymous
I found the managing meetings section most useful as it drives all other aspects of effective meetings e.g. preparation.Anonymous
The course focussed structure on the many factors to be considered and included pre/during /post meeting. I found the managing meetings section most useful as it drives all other aspects of effective meetings e.g. preparation. I think it’s important for as many as possible of my colleagues if not all to understand the purpose, structure and conduct to be observed in order to have effective meetings. Anonymous
I learnt how to focus people’s attention and to make meetings meaningful and to not waste time. I found out how we could solve the issues in my company.Anonymous
I found out what the issues were in my company and how we could solve these issues, it was a surprise to me that we all had the same issues and so all wanted to solve them together. I learnt how to focus people’s attention and to make meetings meaningful and to not waste time. Anonymous