DEALING WITH VULNERABLE AND EMOTIONAL CUSTOMERS
The customer is not always right, and dealing with vulnerable, emotional, awkward, demanding or difficult, clients and customers is a fact of life for those whose work role interfaces with the general public (or even a cross section of in-house colleagues).
Effective communication skills and confidence are vital when dealing with customers, both in person and on the phone, are vital to the achievement of your personal and business goals.
This practical, interactive and dynamic one-day course will help you address this by helping you understand the principles of communication and applying them to your work life.
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Be fully conversant with your role in the workplace
- Appreciate the significance of interpersonal skills in dealing with conflict in the course of your work and in particular over the telephone
- Understand the techniques which can be employed in dealing with conflict and emotional situations
- Be able to define emotional, vulnerable, unhappy and angry customer behaviour
- Understand the phases and triggers of an incident
- Look at tactics for defusing emotional and vulnerable behaviours
Have a greater sense of what style and approach best suits each individual and the particular circumstances of the conflict
- Assertiveness and not aggression in handling people
- Deliver a Quality Service
- Learn to deal with emotional, vulnerable, unhappy, angry, difficult and aggressive customers
- Learn specific skills for responding to difficult and aggressive behaviour
- Learn how to respond after an incident
Who should attend?
- Anyone whose job role includes communication with both internal and external customers face to face or on the telephone
- Managers, supervisors and team-leaders who must communicate successfully with their teams
- Those wishing to build confidence their ability to communicate well
- Anyone starting on a programme of management development