Leading effective meetings is a critically important skill for any leader. However, most meetings are not effective and often deemed a waste of time by many employees.
Learning to lead meetings that foster productive collaboration, clear communication, holds people accountable and enables informed decisions to be made will have a positive impact on business results and on employee satisfaction.
This workshop provides a process and structure for leading meetings and provides the leader with an important skillset that is applicable to any role and at any level. This half-day workshop aims to give you the skills to help you lead virtual meetings with the view of improving outcomes and utilising time more effectively.
- The role of the Meeting Leader
- Meeting member roles
- Clarifying the purpose of the meeting
- A structured agenda
- Expectations before, during, and after the meeting
- Accountability of meeting members
- How to encourage participation
- Different communication needs
- Barriers and enablers of participation
- The importance of logistics
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Establish performance expectations among participants
- Structure a meeting process to achieve specific and agreed outcomes
- Reinforce the basics of effective virtual meeting principles
- Identify specific techniques for leading virtual meetings
- Begin to understand how individual behavioural styles impacts meeting dynamics
Who should attend?
- All leaders and managers who must now optimise their team interactions and engagement through remote communications
- Those for whom virtual meetings are a new communication channel and who seek to develop expertise expediently in this area
people who chose this course also viewed
Excellent course! I wanted to put my skills in context and I managed to do so. I’ll focus on structure and planning in future.I would definitely recommend this course....Chamber Choir Ireland
Excellent course! I wanted to put my skills in context and I managed to do so. There is great food for thought. I’ll focus on structure and planning in future. I would definitely recommend this course. There are great tips, great suggestions – really helpful and enjoyable. Thanks. Eibhlin Gleeson, CEO, National Chamber Choir
If you depend on your voice for your job, then this course is a must. I learn't how to exploit the potential of my voice to help get my message across.Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht
If you depend on your voice for your job, as I do, then this course is a must. Learn how to care for and develop this most important of faculties so that it will always be at its best. I learn’t how to exploit the potential of my voice to help get my message across. Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht