This highly interactive programme will help individuals identify through proven techniques the most effective way to reach the desired outcome during negotiations. The session opens up by understanding what negotiation is and the different parties associated with negotiations.
Participants will learn how to apply the pins model (position-interests-needs-strategy) in everyday negotiation situations.
Participants will learn how to prepare effectively for negotiation by identifying their BATNA (best alternative to a negotiated agreement), their TP (target point), their AP (aspiration point) and their RP (reservation point). Participants will also work through the four steps of getting to yes.
The majority of the learning will be delivered through practical exercises and case studies. The participants will conduct a number of negotiations to apply the tools and techniques. After each exercise participants will be fully debriefed.
This session is highly interactive with a mix of the following elements
- Instructor led discussion and teaching delivery via Zoom
- Experiential learning activities via breakout rooms in Zoom
- Team discussion, debate and collaboration (via digital whiteboard)
- Team exercises, activities and presentations via Zoom
- Understand the concept and process of negotiations
- Apply a proven four-step model for getting to yes
- Prepare effectively for negotiations
- Conduct negotiations across a wide range of situations
- Apply techniques for dealing with dirty tactics
Who should attend?
- Those for whom Negotiation is an integral part of their role
- Those who wish to improve their understanding of and ability to negotiate effectively