The Psychology of Influencing : Half-day
This highly interactive workshop will allow participants to experience and practise a range of influencing styles, techniques and tactics. Participants will explore a range of proven techniques for improving their influencing ability. Participants will learn how to diagnose a situation to identify the ideal style(s) to apply. Participants will also learn how emotions can impact influencing both positively and negatively. In addition, participants will be introduced to the science of influencing through the research and work of Dr Robert Cialdini.
This session includes is highly interactive with group exercises conducted in breakout rooms for participants to practise the influencing strategies and tactics.
There is a pre-course questionnaire designed to help participants understand their preferred style and flexibility.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Select from a range of influencing styles
- Diagnose situations to identify ideal style
- Apply a range of proven influencing techniques
- Flex their style and approach for different situations
- Develop a range of proven tactics
- Develop a structured plan for influencing
Who should attend?
- Those who want to improve their influencing skills
- Managers and Project Managers leading change projects within their organisations