This workshop will help employees to explore and improve their personal listening styles to enable them to get the most out of their performance management feedback sessions.
They will explore tools and techniques designed to improve listening skills, provide and seek clarity on performance expectations, challenge assumptions and adapt their style to fit the situation.
The programme will provide the tools and techniques to ensure there is no misunderstanding and the feedback is not only heard but also understood (in line with performance).
This session includes a pre-course questionnaire to help individuals identify their preferred listening style and range of flexibility across the four main styles.
- Identify and understand their primary listening channel
Apply active listening and other styles to suit the situational need
- Adapt their style of listening based on situations
- Provide and seek clarity when communicating to others to ensure understanding on performance and expectations
- Effectively challenge assumptions when communicating about performance and expectations
Who should attend?
- Team members who want to make the most of their performance reviews
- Those who wish to improve their listening skills