The Gentle Art of Resilience 2-Hour Masterclass
Resilience lies at the heart of our ability to adapt to the inevitable changes which life throws at us. Definitions of resilience vary: we define it as the ability to both maintain our wellbeing when faced with adversity and remain effective.
The ability to be resilient varies from person to person – two individuals faced with the same adverse circumstances may respond very differently. Reassuringly, it is believed that personal resilience can be cultivated, so that if we find our resilience level low, there are steps which we can take to enhance it.
This Masterclass is designed to present strategies which gently cultivate our resilience. As one commentator puts it: “being told how to swim with more style will be no help when you are already drowning.” Rather than wait until we are drowning, this Masterclass introduces us to the gentle art of resilience.
On completion of this course you will:
- Be familiar with the construct of resilience
- Understand how stress and burnout are linked
Be aware of the concept of neuroplasticity as it applies to
resilience and stress reduction
- Have learned about six strategies to grow your resilience
- Have completed a personal resilience inventory
- Receive a personal ‘gentle art of resilience’ action plan
Who should attend?
- This workshop is aimed at anyone interested to understand how the science of mindfulness, nutrition and body work can be used to cultivate greater levels of energy, focus and resilience at work.