TIME MANAGEMENT – TIME, ENERGY AND FOCUS MANAGEMENT
Many people feel stressed because they allow a task-driven schedule to take over their working lives.
The distinction between what is urgent and what is important becomes clouded, leading to a loss of control and a drop in personal effectiveness and morale.
Right Time-Right Priorities is designed to address these issues by helping you de-clutter your working life.
By providing a framework for prioritisation, this course will enable you to concentrate on what really matters, eliminate distraction and time wasting, and regain control over your working life.
On completion, you will be empowered to maximise your effectiveness and minimise stress.
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the significance of distinguishing between activities which are urgent and important
- Have identified those things which are most important to you
- Have identified strategies to reduce time spent on activities which are unimportant
- Understand the importance of focusing on roles and relationships and not just activities
- Have developed a plan for spending time on important roles, relationships and activities
- Have a better understanding of the causes of stress, recognise the symptoms and develop a greater ability to deal with it
- Have moved away from a task driven schedule to a proactive planning system that helps you achieve your priorities
- Have an effective planning process
- Be able to deal more effectively with interruptions, procrastination and your own personal time stealers
- Have a plan for achieving a better work/life balance Learn how to manage your time for personal effectiveness and success
- Understand how to prioritise work
Realise the importance of delegation and learn how to balance your workload to make the best use of your time
Who should attend?
- Managers who are interested increasing their personal effectiveness
- Those who are currently experiencing stress associated with time pressures
- People who want to ensure that their personal goals are achieved on schedule
- People who want to achieve a better balance between work and lifestyle priorities
people who chose this course also viewed
I found the piece on prioritising work most useful – in terms of urgent and important. A great refresher, lots of new ideas and insights. This was one of the most beneficial courses I have attended. 10/10 .Ulster Bank
This was one of the most enjoyable and beneficial courses I have attended. Ten out of ten. I found the piece on prioritising work most useful – in terms of urgent and important – because I used to prioritise work depending on the duration of the task. This meant I got frustrated with long-term projects. But the course provided me with helpful tips on scheduling and on how to be assertive in managing my own time and how to prevent time being stolen from me. A great refresher, lots of new ideas and insights. Ulster Bank
The idea of filing stuff for retrieval rather than for storage had most impact on me – as did the piece on setting goals, clarifying them and writing them down...National Advisory Committee on Drugs
The course gave me a clear and concise awareness of time management and taught me how to say no in a positive manner. I am more able to set objectives ...Merck Sharp and Dohme Ireland
The course was very well constructed and provided much food for thought. I now have more knowledge and skills to apply as a manager. I am more able to set objectives and apply an action plan within a timeframe.
The course gave me a clear and concise awareness of time management and taught me how to say no in a positive manner and to realize that its not always possible to accommodate everyone immediately when you work in a pressurized environment such as mine. Merck Sharp and Dohme Ireland
Topics were covered at an organisational level as well as personal. I have three very definite processes to take away from today to use in my working life...KBC Bank
Very beneficial approaches to planning. This course will have a big impact on my efficiency levels day to day. By making small changes, our processes will become a lot more efficient. A great forum for each participant to voice and manage their issues. How to address procrastination was most beneficial to me. Topics were covered at an organisational level as well as personal. I really enjoyed working with this professional, positive and upbeat trainer. I have three very definite processes to take away from today to use in my working life. KBC Bank Ireland
This course 100% met my needs – possibly exceeded. Excellent course, exceedingly well delivered, very practical.The National Lottery review
This course 100% met my needs – possibly exceeded. Excellent course, exceedingly well delivered, very practical. The National Lottery