FACILITATION SKILLS – MANAGEMENT SUCCESS AND TEAM ACHIEVEMENT
Facilitation Skills are the matrix of tools and insights that bring productivity and achievement to in-house team management. Facilitation is the process of enabling groups to work cooperatively and effectively.
Facilitation is an important part of everyday working life and is a vital management skill.
This two-day course will help facilitators develop their skills so that they can enable people to work together more effectively and in a way that generates commitment and increases creativity in problem solving.
Do you ever need to:
- Lead your team in action-planning sessions?
- Influence a group to adopt changes in work processes?
- Conduct a focus group session?
- Manage an ideas or brain-storming session?
- Intervene in order to resolve a group issue?
If so, our Facilitation Skills Programme will offer you a unique opportunity to develop your skills in an open and supportive environment, enabling you to succeed each time you face a challenging group situation.
On completion of this course you will:
- Know how to use a range of facilitation skills in order to increase group effectiveness
- Understand group dynamics and the ways in which people react to change
- Be able to handle group conflict and resistance
- Be able to apply a model of group facilitation
- Know how to unlock group creativity
- Be able to use a range of group facilitation tools and techniques
- Have practised a facilitated session and have received tutor-led and peer feedback
- Understand how groups can be ineffective
- Know how appropriate facilitation can increase group effectiveness
- Have a process for facilitating group communication
- Have practiced the skills required for effective facilitation
- Know how to work with groups in a way that facilitates change, learning, and problem / conflict resolution
Have received feedback which will enable you to develop a plan for continued development after the course
Who should attend?
- Project coordinators / leaders who need to engage support and generate new ways of working
- Middle management and change agents who need to build commitment and lead groups through change
- In-house trainers or supervisors who need to move from a structured training style to a more proactive and flexible approach to problem solving and team development
- Training facilitators who are responsible for non-technical training
- Team leaders or project leaders charged with leading groups in problem-solving, idea generation or conflict management
- Change agents who need to build commitment and respond to resistance to change
- People who lead meetings that are required to solve problems, generate new ideas or resolve conflict at group level
- Anyone in the corporate, public or community sector whose career prospects depend on successful team achievement
people who chose this course also viewed
Excellently planned and delivered course. The combination of theory and practice was well balanced and effective. Wonderfully facilitated to encourage full participation.Mazars Ireland
Excellently planned and delivered course. The combination of theory and practice was well balanced and effective. Wonderfully facilitated to encourage full participation. The trainer’s depth of knowledge was very evident. Mazars Ireland
The training approach was participative, friendly and knowledgeable. This is essential training. I have so many more skills for my trainer tool kit and look forward to using them...Irish Life
The training approach was participative, friendly and knowledgeable – a perfect combination. I thought I knew a lot already, but I learned so much more on the course. This is essential training. I have so many more skills for my trainer tool kit and look forward to using them. I have renewed confidence to try out new approaches and styles. Irish Life plc
This course focused on facilitating training sessions and other relationships, I thoroughly enjoyed the theory and then the opportunity to put it into practice...Abbey Theatre
This course absolutely met my learning objectives. It focused on facilitating training sessions and other relationships and this is what I had expected. I thoroughly enjoyed the theory and then the opportunity to put it into practice. The trainer’s knowledge and ability to bring that into all aspects of the two days was excellent. I would recommend the course to my colleagues. It’s focused, interactive, allows space and gives structure for reflection.10/10. The Abbey Theatre
This course expanded my view of facilitation and the use of it in a day to day role. I’d highly recommend it to my colleagues – great theory, great practice ....The Irish Cancer Research Society
This course expanded my view of facilitation and the use of it in a day to day role. I’d highly recommend it to my colleagues – great theory, great practice and the confidence to become a great facilitator. Good number of participants to make the course very engaging. The Irish Cancer Research Society
Wonderful, warm and open approach.I Picked up loads of techniques. Excellent training style - very enjoyable ...... Loved the group – very enjoyableNational Economic and Social Council
Wonderful, warm and open approach. Very good at time keeping and getting through the tasks. Picked up loads of techniques. Excellent training style. Loved the group – very enjoyable – thanks a million. National Economic and Social Council
The trainer had a lovely inviting style that brought people on board. She was very approachable and professional, calm and practical. We learned and grew in confidence ...Irish Life plc
The trainer had a lovely inviting style that brought people on board. She was very approachable and professional, calm and practical. We learned and grew in confidence from sharing with each other and the trainer. I enjoyed the refreshing, productive and democratic approach. Irish Life plc