NUTRITION – EAT FOR IMMUNITY AND DISCOVER WHY IT MATTERS
The body’s immune system which protects us minute by minute from succumbing to many dangerous infections and diseases.
The immune system is made up of primarily proteins and certain types of fats. It is hugely reliant on the nutrients we take in, our sleep patterns, sunlight, appropriate exercise and engaging in positive lifestyle behaviours.
The food choices we make have a direct impact on either supporting our immune function or placing it under further pressure.
Similarly, engaging in negative lifestyle behaviours will place a strain on the body to remain well, have sufficient energy, focus, concentrate and remain alert and in good form.
On completion of this workshop you will:
- Have a basic understanding of the immune system and debunk nutritional myths
- Become aware of your food environment and the food choices that help to support the immune system
- Understand energy robbers and unhealthy foods
- Know how to improve your food choices
- Understand about balancing blood sugars
- Learn about the eating cycle – how do I refuel
- Learn about high energy foods that sustain and where my energy goes?
- Understand healthy protein choices
- Learn about Digestion and immunity and why fibre is so important
- Understand why we need to eat fat and be able to identify Fats – good, bad and evil
- Understand the relationship between sugar and immunity and sleep and immunity
Learn about stress hormones, exercise and energy
Who should attend?
- Those who want to have an understanding of the immune system and how to maximise health through nutrition
- Those who want to maximise performance through managing nutrition and energy
- Organisations who wish to maximise the potential, well-being and contributions of their employees