Meredith Belbin has over 40 years’ experience in exploring the behaviour of teams. This practical session will help individuals understand the key strengths and weaknesses in relation to the role they play within a team.
Participants will learn how to apply team role theory to maximise the performance of teams. Participants will explore their own role preferences and associated behaviours to understand how and where they add the most value to a team. Participants will learn the allowable weaknesses for each team role and what behaviours should not be tolerated from each of the nine roles. Participants will learn how the behaviours of each role work together and how to assess the resulting team dynamics.
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the theory of team roles
- Identify personal role preferences and strengths
- Explore the strengths and weaknesses for each role
- Understand how each role contributes to a team most effectively
- Configure a team for maximum performance
- Apply Belbin role theory at work for maximum performance
Who should attend?
- Managers who want to gain the skills to assess strengths and weaknesses within their teams
- Anyone striving to improve the dynamic of their teams