One of the keys to high performance and successful business is having a motivated and engaged workforce. Sir Richard Branson (head of Virgin Group Plc) is fond of saying customers are not number one! Your staff are. Look after your staff and they will look after your customers.
In this three hour session participants will explore and understand the key drivers of motivation and engagement. Participants will learn how to apply proven process and content theories of motivation to increase engagement. Participants will learn how to assess and measure motivation and engagement. Participants will also learn how to tap into intrinsic motivation for maximum results.
- What is motivation and how does it work?
- What motivates people (Content theories of motivation)
- Difference between I have to, I need to and I WANT to
- How are people engaged (Process theories of motivation)
- Gaining buy in
- Applying and assessing content theories
- Applying and assessing process theories
- Cognitive and behaviour psychology and how to use it
- Measuring motivation
- Measuring engagement
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Define motivation
- Understand the science of motivation and the core theories
- Apply a range of content theories to identify WHAT motivates people
- Apply a range of process theories to improve engagement through (HOW people are motivated)
- Build increased engagement through emotional commitment and buy in
- Measure engagement and motivation within a team
Who should attend?
- Managers and Leaders who want to understand how to engage and motivate teams