Online or face to face, leaders and managers have to master the art of performance conversations. This dimension is a key pillar to their effectiveness. However, it is the one area that many leaders find stressful and/or unproductive.
- What if these conversations could be transformed?
- What if they could be one of the most important and impactful strategies in the leader’s toolkit?
This workshop is about introducing you to the concept of ©Breakthrough Conversations as the mindset for your virtual one-to-one meetings.
THIS MODULE WILL
Outline the ©Five Layers of the Breakthrough Conversation
Explore the most common challenges in the virtual one-to-one context
Examine the key role of effective listening in the virtual environment
Discuss how to maximise the potential of the conversation – the collaborative approach
Engage with the four core behaviours to manage development in the conversation: Involve – Own – Model – Communicate
Look at ways to understand and constructively address resistance and other challenges – looking at the various types of resistant behaviour
Apply the BIFF-BOFF framework to giving and receiving feedback
Utilise the Three Deals© of handling difficult conversations
Utilise case-studies to explore common manager challenges and the effective responses used to ensure success
Use the Six Domains of Resilience to resource and sustain you in your role
- Engage with the particular scenarios of the participants in a workshop format to ensure you have a range of approaches for your specific needs – the Breakthrough Conversations Clinic©
Who should attend?
- Managers and individuals who want to increase their ability to communicate more effectively
- Managers and individuals who want to increase their ability to provide
effective per-to-peer feedback
- Managers and individuals who want to improve their listening style and flexibility
- Managers who want to build highly performing teams