NEW MANAGER/ FIRST TIME LEADER
Managing a team for the first time can be a very daunting experience, your success is completely tied to the performance of others. In order to face the challenges of your new role, you need to equip yourself with the essential people management skills that will enable you to motivate and gain employee commitment.
This two-day programme will provide you with the tools and tactics that will help you make the transition from an individual contributor to a well-respected manager in order to achieve team success and drive bottom line performance.
On completion of this course you will:
Know what causes teams to be effective and ineffective
Make the transition to a leadership role
- Clarify the objectives for your team
- Listen to and question others effectively
- Give feedback to others more assertively
- Agree performance goals with team members
Have a process to manage accountability in the team
- Maintain the dignity of others at work
- Delegate more effectively
- Have a personal management process
Who should attend?
- Newly appointed managers, supervisors and team leaders who need support
- Supervisors and team leaders who want to update and improve their skills
- Experienced supervisors and team leaders who have received little formal training for their role
- Future team leaders or supervisors