Does your organisation need a more effective way to run meetings? Do the minutes accurately reflect the decisions taken and actions agreed? Would you like to be confident that the meetings you chair are as efficient and action-oriented as possible?
Participants discover the tricks of the trade on this highly practical half-day workshop. They also learn how to lead and listen more effectively during meetings.
The session covers the A to Z of chairing a meeting from devising an agenda, working with the minute-taker, Freedom of Information Act requirements, developing listening skills, following-up and signing-off on minutes.
This course is an essential tool for anyone – from university staff and government employees to financial and legal executives – who chairs meetings.
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the chair
- Understand the importance of minutes – internal and external
- Understand the value of an effective and organised agenda
- Appreciate the value of listening to the message
- Ensure a closer relationship with the minute taker
Run a more efficient meeting
Who should attend?
- Anyone who chairs minutes at meetings but has never received formal training
- Anyone who would like to polish their chairing skills
- Anyone who will have to chair meetings in the future and wants to be able to