COMMUNICATING FOR PERFORMANCE
Communicating for performance is a three-day programme designed to maximise your personal communication skills. The programme will help you explore your personal style and develop strategies for enhancing your success. The programme involves a high level of interaction. Theory and practice come together to allow you to develop advanced communication skills within a safe environment. Through exercises and role play you will have an opportunity to practice and gain feedback on your ability. You will receive a personalised action plan tailored to help you develop your communication skills.
You will explore tool and techniques designed to improve your listening skills, give effective feedback, provide and seek clarity, challenge your assumptions, and that’s just Day 1. On Day 2 you will develop your skills around influencing, reading and understanding body language and learn strategies for thinking on your feet. Finally, on Day 3 you will cover assertion skills and how to deal with difficult situations, difficult people and difficult behaviours.
- Exploring and understanding your listening skills
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- Seeking and providing clarity in your communications
- Understanding and challenging assumptions successfully
- Developing your influencing skills
- Understanding the science of body language and how to read / apply it
- Understanding micro expressions and facial gestures
- Thinking on your feet
- Developing your assertion skills
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Dealing with difficult people
- Dealing with difficult behaviours
On completion of this course you will have:
- Identify and understand their primary listening channel and apply active listening and other styles to suit the situational need
Provide effective feedback that changes behaviours, receive feedback and apply changes
- Provide and seek clarity when communicating to others to ensure understanding
- Effectively challenge assumptions when communicating
- Identify their preferred influencing style and select from a range of influencing styles to suit the situational need
- Understand the psychology and science of influencing techniques and apply NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programme) to their communications
- Understand the science of body language and the impact on communications, read and apply body language to enhance their communications
- Develop the ability to identify and assess micro-expressions and facial gestures
- Think on their feet and provide clarity-brevity- and impact to their communications
- Deal with difficult questions/situations in a professional and structured manner
- Enhance their assertion skills and effectively deal with aggressive or passive behaviours
- Identify difficult behaviours in self and others and apply a range of proven techniques for dealing with difficult people / behaviours
- Gain experience and feedback on how to deal with difficult situations through their communication skills
Who should attend?
- This course is for senior managers and team leaders who wish to develop their communication skills to the highest levels.
- This course would be beneficial for senior managers delivering organisational change intiatives
- This course would be beneficial for those required to communicate at a high level with large teams / workforces.