FRONT LINE MANAGEMENT SKILLS – THREE DAY INTENSIVE PROGRAMME
This highly interactive three-day programme is ideal for individuals who are entering, have recently transitioned, or are thinking about a role as a front line manager. The programme is designed for individuals need to build on their front line management skills and need to understand how to transition from an individual contributor role to a people management role.
Day one introduces the key concepts and requirements for the role of the people manager. Participants will learn what the key skills and tools are for the role of the Front Line Manager. Individuals will look at key tools and techniques to effectively manage their change and transition. In addition individuals will also develop a range of personal tools to increase their effectiveness and front line management skills.
Day two will introduce communications in the form of listening and giving and receiving feedback. Delegation will also be covered. Day two will also cover building trust with team members and developing teams. Day three will look at performance management and the key concepts of understanding and applying HR policy.
Day three will also cover how to deal with the most common, difficult situations faced by the front line manager.
This session is highly interactive with a mix of the following elements:
• Instructor led discussion and teaching delivery
• Experiential learning activities
• Role-play and simulation
• Team activity and presentations
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand the role and context of the front line manager
- Be able to delegate to staff members to deliver results through people
- Be able to deal with personal change and transition
- Be able to apply time management principles to manage their time more effectively
Be able to apply proven techniques for problem-solving and decision-making
- Be able to listen more effectively
- Understand the process for delegation
- Be able to give structured feedback
- Understand how to build trust with team members
- Understand how to apply the Tuckman team development model
- Be able to deliver performance feedback and performance management effectively
- Understand key HR policies and how to deal with difficult situations
Who should attend?
- This highly interactive three-day programme is ideal for individuals who are entering or have recently transitioned in to a front line manager role
- This programme is also ideal for those who are thinking about a role as a front line manager and who would like to build their front line managements skills.